Marketing a community is not an easy task, there are a number of ways this can be done over the internet. Here are just a few ideas that you can use
- Promote your town by using the Rural Towns Web Package
- Have a calendar on the site to promote special events in your area
- A local up to date directory can also be another source to market your community or town
- Newsletters are also a wonderful way of communicating with your community.
Take a look at the Rural Towns Web Package and our Calendar Online for the district of Narrabri.
Rural Towns Web Package
Marketing a community is not an easy task. I have developed a small town web package that is sustainable in today's world. With NBN being rolled out across Australia, there is no better way to get your town noticed on the web and have your own website as a business.
- Promote your town
- Have a business
- Have an events calendar
- Have a local up to date directory and index
- Give every business in town the opportunity to be online with very little effort on their behalf
- Generate income to give you an incentive to keep it up to date
For a long time now we have seen nearly every town have a web presence in the way of a community website. They all get excited and think how great it is to be online. Until it comes to updating it. Then when the community group has run out of funds to host the site or the site has run out of volunteers to keep it up to date. The news is that it is no longer available.
- Where did it go?
- Why were we not able to keep it up to date?
- Why is it not sustainable?
These questions can be answered quite easily.
- Most people in today's world want to be paid.
- Most people need an incentive.
- Money is a great incentive.
If you community has a website which is performing why not consider offering to take it over and run it as a business giving the community group a percentage of the advertising on the site. That way the community can get the full benefit of a website that is sustained as a business, already there as well as run it as your business in town.
Examples of the town websites
www.weewaa.com, www.narrabri.net, www.stgeorgeqld.com, www.trangie.net
Boggabri Coming Soon.....